Four Must-See Western Regions for Great Dog Racing, Spring 2010 Schedule
After a long winter of lying around and enjoying those holiday treats, it’s time to get back to dog racing and more specifically, whippet racing. All we racing dog and sighthounds are very excited and looking forward to that first dash after the lure. Here is what is happening out West.
Northern California – The Northern California Whippet Club and the River City Racing Association host their whippet racing meets in Sacramento, typically featuring sprint racing on Saturday and oval track on Sundays. Here are the dates.
- March 6, 2010 – (sprint) in Sacramento, CA
- March 7, 2010 – (oval) in Sacramento, CA
- March 20, 2010 – (sprint) in Sacramento, CA
- March 21, 2010 – (oval) in Sacramento, CA
- April 10, 2010 – (sprint) in Sacramento, CA
Southern California – Racing in Orange and Brea, California, the Southern California Whippet Association and the Great Western Whippet Association also have both sprint and oval track whippet racing. Here are their dates.
- February 7, 2010 – (sprint) in Orange, CA
- February 27, 2010 – (sprint) in Orange, CA
- February 28, 2010 – (oval) in Brea, CA
- March 13, 2010 – (sprint) in Orange, CA
- March 14, 2010 – (oval) in Brea, CA
Southwest Region – Dog racing in the great Southwest kicks off in March with races sponsored by the Albuquerque Whippet Fanciers Association and the Reata Whippet Racing Group in Riverton, Utah. The River City Racing Association is coming from Sacramento to host a very special sprint race in conjunction with the American Whippet Club event in Tucson. Here are their dates for the dog races.
- March 6, 2010 – (oval) in Mountainair, NM
- March 7, 2010 – (oval) in Mountainair, NM
- April 17, 2010 – (sprint) in Tucson, AZ, with the American Whippet Club event
- April 25, 2010 – (oval) in Riverton, UT
With plenty of rain, the grass should be perfect for wonderful, fast whippet racing. Hope to see you at a meet.
Feeling the Need for Speed,
- Tristan the Whippet